CCMC Workshop 2024
The 11th CCMC Community Workshop will be held at The Hotel at the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland on June 3-7, 2024, with a special theme on open science in modeling.
Biennial CCMC community workshops are designed as opportunities for an in-depth exchange of experiences, opinions and needs between model owners, science and operational users, educators, agency representatives and the CCMC staff.
This year, in addition to these topics, we will hold multiple special focus sessions on advancing open utilization of models and simulation outputs in heliophysics and space weather research. The goal is to hold discussions on opportunities as well as challenges and follow up with a community recommendation report.
Please contact us if you are interested in joining the science organizing committee on open science in modeling. Responsibilities include helping with collecting community inputs, participating in the preparation of community recommendation report on how open science should be implemented for models.
- Workshop Dates: June 03 - 07, 2024
- Location: The Hotel at UMD, College, Park, MD.
- Registration: Coming Soon
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: Tuesday, May 14th. See below for accommodation and transportation details.
This workshop is primarily planned as in-person, however virtual participation will be possible. In-person attendance is strongly encouraged for those who are comfortable traveling. Please contact us with any questions or concerns. The workshop schedule will follow an all-day in-person format.
A zoom meeting link will be provided to all registered participants, both in-person and virtual, via email about one week prior to the workshop.
- Agenda: coming soon
- Schedule: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- If you test positive during the workshop
- do not attend the workshop in-person, and
- The workshop will be held at The Hotel at UMD, College, Park, MD.
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: A limited number of rooms have been blocked at The Hotel at UMD. The discounted group rate of $199 per night (plus applicable taxes) is available to workshop attendees. Please use this link to reserve a room through our room block by Tuesday, May 14th. Alternatively, you may call the Hotel at +1 (301) 277-7777 and mention the 2024 CCMC Workshop for reserving your room.
- Meeting Room: Crossland Ballroom (conference level, one level above the lobby).
- Parking: The hotel provides parking at a discounted rate of $10 per day/$12 overnight for all workshop attendees.
- Local transportation: Hotel guests can use the hotel's complimentary shuttle which runs on a scheduled routine and stops at nearby destinations including a stop at College Park Metro station and UMD. Visit the hotel's transportation page for more information.
Workshop organizers: Masha Kuznetsova, Leila Mays, and Chiu Wiegand
Science Organizing Committee: to be announced.
Logistics & Registration: Elana Resnick