- Results are assigned one of four levels, depending on the level of validation.
- Level 0 (0) - Raw run results;
- Level 1 (1) - Output that passed any output analysis routines provided by the model developers (if such routines are available);
- Level 2 (2) - Output checked by Code Developers and/or CCMC staff
- Negative Level (any negative number) - Problems in output results are found. Simulations will be rerun with new input data and/or a new code version.
CCMC runs marked as validation level less than Level 2 may be used for publication, however output should be verified by contacting the code developers .