GEM Modeling Challenge
The GEM community has recognized that due to the maturity and the increasing complexity of the state-of-the-art global space weather models, there is a great need for a systematic and quantitative evaluation of different GGCM modeling approaches. In summer 2008 the GGCM Metrics and Validation Focus Group initiated the GGCM modeling Challenge. The goals of the Challenge:
- Evaluate the current state of the space science models and track model improvements over time
- Facilitate interaction between research and operation communities
- Facilitate collaboration among modelers and data providers and research communities.
- Facilitate further model improvement.
CCMC Metrics Suite:
Simulation results submission interface:
- Prior to submission of your simulation results please review:
Submission procedure | Selected events | Selected studies | Satellite trajectories | Groundbased stations | Model output file format | Solar wind input
- Submit your simulation results
Simulation results analysis tools: