The Stereo CME Analysis Tool (StereoCAT) is an online tool that enables space weather forecasters and researchers to quickly calculate CME kinematic properties. With a few mouse clicks, StereoCAT uses triangulation of spacecraft data to determine the 3D kinematic properties of CMEs. The derived CME parameters can be utilized as input for a broad range of CME propagation models. For example, CME Run-On-Request users can use StereoCAT to generate input parameters for WSA-ENLIL+Cone model.
- Determine CME speed and direction by triangulation using multiple spacecraft (STEREO and SOHO)
- Create CME height-time measurements ("frameseries range")
- Generate an ensemble of CME measurements
- Save your entire measurement session and can easily share with others
Quick Start Instructions
- Select the date/time of interest
- Click on the spacecraft name you would like to use (up to two)
- Click the measurement tab to measure the CME using the handles, then click results
- See Manual [PDF] for detail instructions
For tracking purposes for our government sponsors, we ask that you notify the CCMC whenever you use any CCMC tools/software systems in any scientific publications and/or presentations. Follow the steps on the publication submission page
See our full publication policy for a sample 'acknowledgement statement' to be included in your publication.