Mr. Edgar RussellInfrastructure
Mr. Russell’s career spans more than 25 years in computer system engineering, integration, and administration. He is a passionate advocate for open-source computing and has spent the majority of his career in the federal government industry, gaining extensive experience in Linux and UNIX operating systems, high-performance computing and virtualization systems engineering, assembly, and maintenance. This most recently includes the design, assembly, deployment, and management of the virtualization cluster and the 'Poseidon' HPC cluster in support of the PACE mission and various other Earth Science missions at the Ocean Ecology Laboratory at NASA GSFC. He also has experience in the field of scientific visualization/animation via his time working in the Scientific Visualization Studio at NASA/GSFC.
- B.A. Physics Program - Hampton University, Hampton, VA
- High Performance Computing (HPC) engineer - provides daily administration and management of the health and performance of HPC
- High Performance Computing (HPC)/Supercomputing
- Distributed/Network Computing (i.e. rendering) for Scientific Visualization/Simulation
- A.I. Generated Imagery from Natural Language (i.e. DALL-E and Stable Diffusion)
- Astronomy/Radio Astronomy