SHINE Model Validation Study Introduction
There is a large and growing number of models with different algorithms, data sources and levels of approximation being applied to study the corona and inner heliosphere. Reconizing this, at a special session of the SHINE Workshop in the summer of 2011, the community decided to establish a systematic effort to compare these different models and evaluate their absolute and relative performance. It was decided to define a set of test problems to be run by the models and to develop web-based support for the submission, analysis and public dissemination of the results of these model runs. The principal goals of this model comparison are to:
- Evaluate the current state of the coronal and inner heliospheric models and track model improvements over time.
- Facilitate interaction between the research and operation communities.
- Facilitate collaboration among modelers and data providers and research communities.
- Facilitate further model improvement.
The initial call for submission of model results was emailed to the community on February 14, 2012.
Please send questions, comments and suggestions to and .
To participate in the model comparison please submit your model results using the submission interface link below.
Submission of model output
- List of selected case studies
- List of postprocessing diagnostics
- Submission instructions
- File format instructions for your data cube
- >> SUBMIT your desired diagnostics and receive file submission instructions >>
- SHINE Diagnostic results